Wednesday, August 11, 2010

performing

I often feel pretty crappy about the state of the world and life lately. I often feel like nothing I do really matters, and the world is just going to continue going to pot and there's nothing I can do about it. And while that may be true, for some reason, when I go to this opera rehearsal I've been doing, I immediately feel ten thousand times better. I had a whole post written out before I went to rehearsal full of complaints about the world and not knowing what I could possibly do about it. But now I feel like, sure, the world may keep on sucking, but I'm going to do the best I can to make it better, and I feel like when I'm performing, somehow, I'm doing that. Maybe it's just my life I'm making better, but I feel like, and I hope, that it rubs off on others. It may be stupid, but it makes life better, and I'm not going to argue with that.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel! I think the same thing about the world, but there's nothing I can do about it. I tell myself that I can only focus on my family and try to make it as best for them as I can by being a good wife and mother.

    ReplyDelete