Wednesday, March 16, 2011

drowning

I am feeling sooo overwhelmed I don't know what to do. I don't have time to do anything. I don't have time to write this post, or take any time at all for myself, but I have to. I just can't seem to focus only on all the ridiculous amounts of work I have to do. I have no idea if I'm actually going to pull it off, and yet, if I don't pull it off, I'm screwed. There goes the past 6 years of my life trying to achieve a college degree. I'm 23. When did things get so heavy? When did life just start to collapse in on me? Don't talk to me about relying on God. What does that mean exactly? He's not going to do it all for you. You have to try. You have to do what you can, right? You have to bust your butt. He's not going to get this degree for me; I have to do that. And I am not the student I need to be to do that. I focus on one thing, then another thing falls apart. I focus on one class, then another classes grade falls apart. I focus on my crummy little job, and then come home and focus on my degree, and then go back to work like I'm a beginner again. I'm killing myself in the process of trying to grow up. How does anyone balance everything? I really want to just give up: go crawl into bed and not come out until this is all over, whatever "this" is.

No comments:

Post a Comment