Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Just a little update

So, I thought maybe I should put something regarding my life in this blog. You know, and how it's currently going.

Well, I just finally registered for classes for this Spring 2011 Semester, which is awesome, 'cause I wasn't sure I'd be able to go back this Semester. The fees went way way up and I owed the school a lot of money. By the grace of God I have that all paid off, and am now preparing for another Hell semester, in which I will somehow pass all my classes, give a killer recital, perform in West Side Story, and get a job sufficient enough to pay off the fees for this semester and save up for the Memorial Hermann Massage and Spa Therapy School this Summer. Sounds impossible, but I'm gonna do the best I can.

Schola Cantorum (the choir I'm in at HBU) is going to Vienna in August of this year, and while Vienna is like my second home, and I've wanted to go back ever since I left in 2008... going this year with them is really just a pipe dream. It all depends on the fund raising we are able to do. I'm not expecting anything amazing to happen... trying not to get my hopes up. But there is that slight slight SLIGHT possibility. :)

My family is a happy, healthy bunch, and I am overly blessed to have them in my life. I've been able to spend lots of time with my nieces and nephew over Christmas, and of course, am eternally grateful for every second of that precious time. I know I say I don't want kids, for practical reasons, but deep in my soul, of course I love kids... especially these kids!! I'm the luckiest Aunt on the planet.

Lily-20 months
Cassidy-5 and Logan-3 1/3
On top of this... anytime me and my three siblings are actually all together at once is a rarity and a blessing.
Mom, Keren, Caleb, Me and Chris
And so, life goes on. It's scary, and never perfect, but I feel so lucky to have these people in it.

I hope y'all all had a wonderful 2010 and I hope for an incredible 2011!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got a lot going on! Hope this new year and new semester is a good one for you and that you're able to make the dream of going back to Vienna a reality!

    ReplyDelete